A lot of people like to start their day with a cup of coffee. The caffeine in the coffee triggers a reaction in your nervous system, resulting in alertness that makes you feel more awake. It may make you feel more active to go to work, school, or whatever but, at the same time, it can also get your teeth stained.
There is an ingredient in coffee, called tannin, which usually causes color compounds to stick to your beautiful white teeth and ruin your smile. This may result in your teeth appearing stained and yellowed, which is surely an unpleasant sight to look at not only for others but also for yourself, whenever you try to see your smiling face in the mirror.
So, don’t panic if you are a coffee lover and you also want your beautiful smile back. This article is absolutely meant to help you. Here we have put together some very useful tips on how to get rid of coffee stains on teeth. These are easy-to-follow remedies that can be done at home in a few simple steps.
We have divided this article into three sections. First, we are going to discuss some important things you can do to prevent coffee stains. After that, we are going to give you some easy and doable tips to remove coffee stains from your teeth. And, in the final section, we will be discussing some other food and drinks that could possibly stain your teeth, if consumed a lot and without proper care.
So, without any further delay, let’s get started!
Want to Enjoy Coffee Without Staining Your Teeth? Here’s the Solution!
Are you a coffee lover? If yes, then consider yourself lucky because here we are going to give you some amazing tips on how to prevent getting coffee stains. We know for a lot of people a cup of coffee is one of the most important morning rituals. Their day couldn’t be started without having it.
Well, they can continue doing it without living with the fear of getting coffee stains on their teeth. All they have to do is to keep in mind a few simple but very useful tips on how to prevent coffee stains on teeth that we have shared below.
- Consider adding some milk or cream to your daily coffee dose. Milk can naturally neutralize the effect of color compounds in coffee that damages the enamel in your teeth, making them looked stained or yellowed.
- Try drinking coffee with a straw. Drinking with a straw minimizes tooth and liquid contact, resulting in happier and healthier teeth.
- Make sure you take of your oral hygiene on a regular basis. If you are brushing and flossing daily, it can prevent the growth of harmful bacteria that destroys tooth enamel.
How to Get Rid of Coffee Stains: Quick and Easy Remedies
If your teeth have already been yellowed and you are looking for some quick and easy remedies to get rid of coffee stains, then this section of the article is for you. Check out some of the most useful and effective tips we have listed below in this regard.
- Have you heard about the mixture of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide? Well, it is one of the most commonly used teeth whitening remedies. Take a small amount of baking soda and mix it with two drops of hydrogen peroxide. It will form a runny paste, which should be used to brush stained teeth twice a day.
- Always brush your teeth after at least half an hour of drinking coffee. Don’t forget to thoroughly rinse your mouth with water before you start brushing.
- A few little changes could help you go a long way. For example, you can switch to an electric toothbrush from a manual one. Since it is an electric-powered device, it can provide your teeth with better cleaning treatment Make sure you are also flossing your teeth regularly to get rid of coffee stains faster. Thorough oral cleaning will also keep your gums healthy.
- You can also try to drink a glass of water every time finish a cup of coffee. This is how you prevent bacteria from building up into your mouth that usually causes your teeth to decay and get yellowed.
- Include raw fruits and vegetables in your regular diet. Vegetables like lemons and fruits like strawberries are extremely rich in natural fibers that help you get rid of oral bacteria and naturally clean your teeth. It is one of the most effective tips to get rid of coffee stains on teeth.
- Consider using teeth whitening products. Yes, they actually work and they can help you remove coffee stains from your teeth. Make sure you are only using products that are certified or recognized by the American Dental Association (ADA). You can use whitening toothpaste and whitening strips as well to reduce coffee stains.
- These were some of the best tips to remove coffee stains from teeth. Well, if you keep practicing quality oral hygiene habits on a regular basis, your teeth will naturally get a lot more resistant to stains and your gums will be very much stronger.
Some Other Food and Drinks That Can Stain Your Teeth
Coffee isn’t the only culprit that is causing harm to your teeth, there are many other food and drinks that are impacting your oral hygiene. Here we have listed some of the most common ones among them that are usually a part of our regular diet.
- Like coffee, tea is also a daily dose of caffeine for many. This means it also contains tannins that can stain your teeth.
- Cola drinks are also very harmful if consumed a lot. The acid in them can wear away the protective layer on your teeth, getting them stained.
- Dark-colored sauces including soya sauce can also ruin your beautiful smile. The color compounds in them usually linger on your teeth.
- No doubt berries are delicious, but they are also very popular with it comes to tooth-staining.
Make sure to floss and brush your teeth after consuming all the aforementioned food and drinks. If for some reason, you are unable to brush your teeth, you can just thoroughly rinse your mouth with water. This will prevent bacteria buildup in your mouth, which can be harmful to your oral hygiene.
We hope the information we have shared above will help you get your beautiful smile back without quitting your daily dose of morning coffee. But, remember excess of everything is bad and you should be very careful with your diet if you want to look fit and stay healthy.
Did you like reading this article? Want to read about other interesting topics related to your health and well-being? Stay tuned to Openiun.com and subscribe to our daily newsletter!